Since the first intifada to "Facebook in 2011 intifada, Palestinian have executed successful psychological warfare.
We can draw a map of the messages prior to September.
The Oslo accords were the most significant political achievement of the Palestinians, but psychological warfare remains their primary means for achieving political goals.
Here are some basic principles of Palestinian psychological warfare:
1. Art stretching rope - a gradual violent activities such as mortars, rockets and Grad. Every step is another hoax base of the stretching rope art tactic. So accustomed to Israel in the next few years its bombed southern region regularly and the steps being taken are mostly on the defensive basis. When Israel wakes up, it will be too late and she finds out that her hands are tied.
2. Evasion from taking of responsibility - at any time that an action was done that has a potential of causing damage to themselves, the Palestinians hurried to disregard their responsibility of their execution and to accuse someone else, in general Israel. Arguments like these accuses Israel, that after all/then it's impossible to be talked with "person" who is not rational. It was thus in the event of the driver that galloped to the a hitchhike's station and amongst people in the junction of the French's hill in Jerusalem and was shot. The Palestinians claimed that Israel is not discern between road accident to terrorist attack. Arafat claimed (March1996) that the attack in the bus's line 18 in Jerusalem executed Rahvam Zeevi.
3. The creation of opportunity and using of opportunity - promotion of false accusation in event from the start to his end and demands of committee for events like the Turkish Flotilla, the affair of Mohammed a-Dura, etc which were a pure provocations. There are also cases in which Palestinians want to use the event for production propaganda's profit: Every injury of Palestinian is an "attempt of annihilation", "ethnic cleansing", every conventional reaction of Israel and a routine patrol of Israeli Army is "an action of raid".
In June 2006, went a family from Gaza to travel in the beach and hurt from an old shell. The Palestinians exploited the event in order to accuse Israel in shooting of artillery from the sea to the family on the beach. Only few weeks later confessed the girl of the family on her bed in the hospital that her father played with an old shell he found on the beach.
4. Collapsing the systems of the enemy - the target : To create a load, expenses, to encumber on functioning and as such to represent helplessness and lack of the strengths of the government in the treatment of solving the problems. The "collapsing of systems" includes false alarms of rescue organizations, dummy bombs or information that brought to close streets and roads in order to ?luck the nerves of the drivers. Announcements of speaker of Hamas that soon likely terror attack raises the tension in Israeli Army, in the police and in Shabak, causing sometimes to cancell holidays in the security system and causes a chain reaction of tension and nervousness in the public.
5. Demonization - The horror propaganda against Israel came to represent Israel as a satanic country that executing war crimes in the Palestinian population and acting not in the accepted norms between countries.
When Hillary Clinton visited in Gaza Strip in November 1999, Soha Arafat informed her that Israel is poisoning the Palestinians with gas which is a pure lie. In addition, Hamas claimed that darkening Gaza by Israel prevents the activation of the incubators in Peggie. But Hamas "forgot" to tell that he is firing Grad missiles to the power station in South Ashkelon which supply electricity to Gaza.
In the historical vision there is no a renewal in the psychological Palestinian warfare, except for combination of the suicide bombers. The things had been done in the past and they are overt for all. The thing that pleases by the discipline of the Palestinian's psychological warfare is that the rules and the techniques is foreknown.
What remaining to the planners in the arms of the security is "to place in the formula" and to receive the outline that is futuristic of the psychological Palestinian warfare. So, possible/given to sketch far and away of reasonable map of the messages that is futuristic of the authority towards September and after him, and to prepare/take place/accordingly.
“We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. . . . We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem.”
~ Yasser Arafat ~
This article has been written in Hebrew and translated by me. Sorry for the errors in the translation.
DR. Ron Schleifer, head of the institute to the security and communication in school to the communication, the academic center Ariel. This column including part of conclusions of study that checked the psychological palestinian warfare in the last decade that was published in the frame of the institute to the security and communication.
More Quotes About "Palestine"
"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".
- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, Syrian Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937 -
"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".
- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -
"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but Southern Syria".
- Representant of Saudi Arabia at the United Nations, 1956 -
Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:
"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".
"There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent (valley of Jezreel, Galilea); not for thirty miles in either direction... One may ride ten miles hereabouts and not see ten human beings. For the sort of solitude to make one dreary, come to Galilee... Nazareth is forlorn... Jericho lies a mouldering ruin... Bethlehem and Bethany, in their poverty and humiliation... untenanted by any living creature... A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent, mournful expanse... a desolation... We never saw a human being on the whole route... Hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil had almost deserted the country... Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes... desolate and unlovely...".
- Mark Twain, "The Innocents Abroad", 1867 -
"In 1590 a 'simple English visitor' to Jerusalem wrote: 'Nothing there is to bescene but a little of the old walls, which is yet remayning and all the rest is grasse, mosse and weedes much like to a piece of rank or moist grounde'.".
- Gunner Edward Webbe, Palestine Exploration Fund,
Quarterly Statement, p. 86; de Haas, History, p. 338 -
"The land in Palestine is lacking in people to till its fertile soil".
- British archaeologist Thomas Shaw, mid-1700s -
"Palestine is a ruined and desolate land".
- Count Constantine François Volney, XVIII century French author and historian -
"The Arabs themselves cannot be considered but temporary residents. They pitched their tents in its grazing fields or built their places of refuge in its ruined cities. They created nothing in it. Since they were strangers to the land, they never became its masters. The desert wind that brought them hither could one day carry them away without their leaving behind them any sign of their passage through it".
- Comments by Christians concerning the Arabs in Palestine in the 1800s -
"Then we entered the hill district, and our path lay through the clattering bed of an ancient stream, whose brawling waters have rolled away into the past, along with the fierce and turbulent race who once inhabited these savage hills. There may have been cultivation here two thousand years ago. The mountains, or huge stony mounds environing this rough path, have level ridges all the way up to their summits; on these parallel ledges there is still some verdure and soil: when water flowed here, and the country was thronged with that extraordinary population, which, according to the Sacred Histories, was crowded into the region, these mountain steps may have been gardens and vineyards, such as we see now thriving along the hills of the Rhine. Now the district is quite deserted, and you ride among what seem to be so many petrified waterfalls. We saw no animals moving among the stony brakes; scarcely even a dozen little birds in the whole course of the ride".
- William Thackeray in "From Jaffa To Jerusalem", 1844 -
"The country is in a considerable degree empty of inhabitants and therefore its greatest need is of a body of population".
- James Finn, British Consul in 1857 -
"The area was underpopulated and remained economically stagnant until the arrival of the first Zionist pioneers in the 1880's, who came to rebuild the Jewish land. The country had remained "The Holy Land" in the religious and historic consciousness of mankind, which associated it with the Bible and the history of the Jewish people. Jewish development of the country also attracted large numbers of other immigrants - both Jewish and Arab. The road leading from Gaza to the north was only a summer track suitable for transport by camels and carts... Houses were all of mud. No windows were anywhere to be seen... The plows used were of wood... The yields were very poor... The sanitary conditions in the village [Yabna] were horrible... Schools did not exist... The rate of infant mortality was very high... The western part, toward the sea, was almost a desert... The villages in this area were few and thinly populated. Many ruins of villages were scattered over the area, as owing to the prevalence of malaria, many villages were deserted by their inhabitants".
- The report of the British Royal Commission, 1913 -